RRB NTPC Apply Online 2021: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) has released many job notifications on the official website of the RRB NTPC. Candidates will search for the how-to apply online for the job posts of the RRB NTPC. Here in this article, we are providing the details of the RRB NTPC Apply Online, the Last date of the job post, How to pay, steps for the submission all these topics are covered here. The candidate should follow this article till the end to get the latest updates.
Main Topics in this Article
RRB NTPC Apply Online 2021
Aspirants should follow all the details mentioned in this article to apply for the RRB NTPC Apply Online where the full details are mentioned below.
|Recruitment Board||RRB – Railway Recruitment Board|
|Exam Name||RRB NTPC|
How to Apply for the RRB NTPC Exam
Applicants should follow the below steps to RRB NTPC Apply Online. Here below we provided all the steps to be followed by the applicants.
- (a) Candidates can apply for the notified posts of any one RRB only as per their eligibility through ONLINE application mode by visiting the official website of RRBs as listed.
- (b) Read all the Information and Instructions detailed in this CEN thoroughly before starting to fill up the application by clicking the appropriate link on the RRB website. It is essential that the candidate understands all information of this CEN correctly to prevent any mistakes while filling the application.
- (c) Scanned documents in JPEG format to be kept ready before filling the application
In order to ensure speedy filling up of applications by the candidates, they should keep the following documents ready in digital form before logging in to the application page.
- Candidate Photograph: JPEG image of size 20 KB to 50 KB.
- Candidate Signature: JPEG image of size 10 KB to 40 KB.
- SC/ST Certificate (Only for candidates seeking Free Travel Pass): JPEG image of size 50 KB to 100 KB.
- Scribe Photo (wherever applicable): JPEG image of size 20 KB to 50 KB.
- (d) Check RRB wise Vacancies for the qualification and Reservation Category of the candidate: The candidates are advised to check the Post Parameter Table and Vacancy Table in this CEN to ascertain vacancies notified against all RRBs and then decide the RRB for which they wish to apply and ensure that the RRB to which they wish to fill the online application is having vacancies for their educational qualification, community/category and eligibility in terms of age, medical standards, disability etc.
- (e) Following steps may be followed to ascertain the availability of vacancies and candidate’s eligibility for various posts notified:
- Post Parameter Table: Click on the Post Parameter Table Tab. From this table, the candidate can ascertain the post(s) for which he/she is eligible as per the qualification, type of disability for which post is suitable if PwBD, required medical standards etc.
- Vacancy Table: To ascertain the comprehensive details of vacancy of all the posts notified against an RRB for his/her eligibility, the candidate may select the RRB from the drop-down list of RRBs and can view the vacancies for all the notified posts against various Railways/Units attached to that RRB on selecting the eligibility parameters.
- After scrutinizing the vacancy table, candidates may decide the RRB for which they wish to apply duly ensuring that vacancy exists for their qualification/community/EWS/PwBD/ExSM category etc.
- Once the RRB has been selected, preliminary registration is completed and the registration number is allotted, a change of RRB will not be permitted under any circumstances.
- (f) Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details/Bio-Data, fee paid etc. carefully. They are also required to exercise their option/preference for Post(s), Railway(s)/Production Unit(s).
Steps to Submit Online Application
After completing the process at a, b, c & d above, carry out the following points which to be followed by the candidates.
- a) Click on the “New Registration”.
- b) Select the RRB to which you wish to apply. Please be aware that, RRB once selected cannot be changed after the preliminary registration is completed and the Registration number is allotted.
- c) Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking the check box.
- d) Registration Details: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name as per Para 1.7 of General Instructions, Mother’s Name, Aadhaar Number, SSLC/Matric Roll Number, Year of Passing, Mobile Number and email-ID and then submit for registration. Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct, as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later. Please note that the email ID and mobile number used for the Registration must be yours and unique. Also, note that both the email and mobile number will be verified during the Online Application process with a One Time Password (OTP).
- e) Verification of email ID and mobile number through OTP: On submitting the primary details, OTPs shall be sent to the registered mobile number and email. The candidate should retrieve the OTPs from email and Mobile and then enter OTPs to proceed with the filling up of the application and to make payment through OTP “Activation Link”. On successful OTP activation, a Registration Number will be generated and sent on a registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates should note and preserve their Registration Number for later reference during the recruitment process and RRB will not entertain any request seeking a registration number.
- f) Candidates can proceed with the online application by clicking on the “Candidate Login” button on the Home Page using the Registration Number and password.
- g) In Part I of the application page, provide the details of Educational Qualification, Community i.e. UR/OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/EWS, Gender, Religion, Ex-SM, PwBD, Minority, Economically Backward Class and Age Relaxation eligibility category as applicable and other details.
Payment and Bank Account Details
Candidates applying for the RRB NTPC Examinations should read this section of payments and Bank details without missing any point.
- i. On completion of application details as above, the candidate will be directed to the payment page to choose payment mode i.e. Bank (Online Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI and Offline Challan) or Post Office Challans as explained in Para 7 and complete the payment process. Chose the mode of payment and complete the payment process. If there is a failure of Online payments, the candidate has to make another transaction. Please note the last date and time specified for each mode of payment and submit the application well in time.
- ii. Those paying through Bank-offline mode, the payment confirmation may take 2 hours and hence they have to again login after 2 hours and look for confirmation of payment status.
- iii. The time period for payment confirmation shall vary from 24 hrs. to 48 hrs. in case of Post Office payment.
(i) In Part II of the application page, the candidate has to indicate their priority/preference of the posts.
Set priority/preferences for posts: If the candidate is eligible for more than one post based on his/her educational qualification and other details furnished, he/she must set the priority/preferences for these posts. The list of posts (in the chosen RRB) for which a candidate is eligible is displayed. Similarly, if the chosen RRB has vacancies for more than one Railway/Production Unit, then vacancies for all such Railways/Production Units for which a candidate is eligible, will be listed out. The candidate should fill their priority/preferences number in the textbox against each post that they are eligible for, in the RRB they are applying to.
(j) Scribe for PwBD Candidates: Indicate option for scribe if you are a PwBD candidate and eligible for scribe. Only the candidates suffering from Visually Impairment (VI) or the candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy/muscular dystrophy/candidates with Locomotor disability (one arm)/Intellectual disability (Autism, specific learning disability and mental illness) are eligible for availing scribe against this CEN. In case you have firmed up the scribe, then enter the details of the scribe such as name, father’s name, educational qualification etc. The scribe so arranged should not himself/herself be the candidate for the notification for which the candidate is appearing and the same scribe should not be engaged for more than one candidate.
k) Detailed Educational Qualification: Furnish all the relevant information on the qualification as required in the application.
l) Choice of Exam Language: English is the default language. In case the candidate wishes to choose any other language, then the same can be selected from the drop-down list of languages. The languages listed are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. In case of any difference/ discrepancy/dispute in the Questions between English and the opted language, the content of the English version shall prevail.
m) Complete the balance fields e.g. Mother Tongue, Moles/Identification Marks, Address etc.
n) Bank Account Details for Refund: Candidates who attend 1st Stage CBT are eligible for a refund of the examination fee as per details in Para 7. All candidates who have given the confirmation to receive their refund to the account from which they have made the application fee payment, need not fill in these details and hence, this will not be visible for them. Only those candidates who do not wish to receive the refund in the account through which they paid the examination fee should provide the details of the Beneficiary Account in which they wish to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary Name, Account Number, Name of Bank and IFSC Code in the Online Application.
o) Candidates may indicate their consent or otherwise for sharing the scores obtained by them in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/PSUs and Private organizations, for recruitment in their organizations.
Photograph and Signature Upload
Here are the following details that are to be followed by the applicants who are applying for certain job vacancies for the RRB NTPC Examination.
- Candidate will be automatically directed to ‘Photo and Signature Upload’ part of the application.
- Select the Upload Photo Tab and upload your colour photograph. The photograph should comply with the following requirements
- Specifications of Photograph:
- a. It should be a Color Passport Photograph with white/light colour background.
- b. It should be of size 35mmX45mm or 320 x 240 pixels.
- c. It should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI resolution.
- d. The size of the photograph should be between 20-50KB.
- e. The colour photograph must have been taken on or after 01.01.2019 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using mobile and self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
- f. The photo should have a clear front view of the candidate without a cap and sunglasses.
- g. The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking at the camera directly.
- h. The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head any cloth or any shadow.
- i. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- j. In case the candidate wears glasses, then the photograph should not have any glare/reflections on glasses and eyes should be clearly visible.
- k. The photograph must match with the appearance of the candidate on the days of CBTs/CBAT/TST, document verification and Medical test.
- l. PwBD candidates should also upload passport photographs as per the above specifications only and not the full body photograph used in the disability certificate.
- m. Candidates are advised to keep at least 12 (Twelve) copies of the same photograph for further use as and when required during the recruitment process.
- Select upload Signature Tab and upload your Scanned Signature. The signature
image should comply with the following specifications.
- Specification for Signature Image:
- a. The applicant has to sign on white paper with a Black Ink pen within a box of
- size 50 mm x 20 mm.
- b. Signature must be in running letters and NOT IN BLOCK LETTERS.
- c. The image should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI resolution.
- d. Dimensions of 50 mm x 20 mm or 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
- e. Size of file should be between 10 KB – 40 KB.
- i. The signature must be of the applicant only and not of any other person.
- ii. The applicants’ signature obtained during registration and at the time of CBTs/CBAT/TST/Document verification / Medical should match the uploaded signature.
- iii. In case it is found that there is a mismatch of signature, the candidate may be disqualified, legal prosecution will be initiated and the candidate will be debarred for life from appearing in all railway recruitments conducted by RRBs or by RRCs).
SCANNING AND RESIZING OF THE PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE
Applicants should scan their documents which are mentioned in the RRB NTPC Examination Notification. Follow the steps which are given below carefully.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 100 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color. File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be in JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01 .jpg or image01 .jpeg.
- Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates can easily obtain photos and signatures in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 40KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
- f. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using the ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 40KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editors also.
- SC/ST Certificate Upload:
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST community who have opted to avail of Free Rail Travel, have to upload scanned copies of their SC/ ST certificates (JPG/JPEG format, 50 KB – 100 KB) also for availing the facility of Free Travel Authority (Second Class Railway Pass).
CARE: If the file size and format for photograph, signature and SC/ST Community Certificate are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
r) Submission of Application:
In the end, candidates have to confirm the declaration “I hereby declare that I have gone through the eligibility criteria for the post(s) applied for and meet all the requirements therein, that all the details furnished by me in the application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge & belief and nothing has been concealed or suppressed. I also understand that in case, any of the details furnished is found untrue during any stage of recruitment or thereafter, RRB shall disqualify me for the post(s) applied for and /or I shall be liable for any other action under the extant rules”.
After confirming the above declaration and submission of the application, the candidate may save the file as “PDF” and/or take print of the application and preserve it for reference and record.
How to check the Application Status
Applicants who have applied for the Job posts in the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) can check their Application Status here by following the steps.
- Go to the official website of the RRB NTPC
- Click on the Recruitment
- Select and click on the State (that you applied for)
- Click on the Application Status link
- Then check your Application Status
Well, here in this article, we are given all the complete details of the RRB NTPC Apply Online. Follow these details step by step manner to apply for the RRB NTPC job posts. Still, if candidates are having doubts regarding the Payment procedure, Bank details, and submission process can leave a comment in the comment section.
Frequently Asked FAQ’s
How to apply online?
Follow the steps given above in this article.
What is the payment procedure?
Check the details above mentioned.
Will the money is refunded for the RRB NTPC Job Posts?
candidates who attend the first stage computer-based test will receive a complete or partial refund on their exam fee.
What is the format of the photograph?
The image file should be in JPG or JPEG format.